CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION
- This event or series of events and is affiliated to the CSA. With ultimate regulations enforced by CSA.
- Participants must be in good shape to participate in any of the events organised by SUNSHINE EVENTS
- Minimum age to enter to the 10km race is 7 years old. Children under the age of 8 must be accompanied by an adult. For the 30km the minimum age is 11 years old and 15 years old for the 55km.
- Age is determined 31st December in the year of the event.
COMPETING IN THE SERIES
- Riders ID number must be correctly filled in on the online entry process to correctly validate the rider’s number board.
- Riders will earn points per event in the Demacon Max Wax Series
- There will only be prizes for OVERALL WINNERS PER DISTANCE at each race.
- To qualify for overall prizes the rider must compete in their relevant age category per distance. Riders in the ‘Open’ category do not qualify as overall winners.
- There will be category prizes at the FINAL at the end of the series on 18 May 2019.
- Only categories on the entry form/online entries will qualify for podium prizes. ‘Open’ or ‘Fun’ is not a qualifying category. If there is no category, riders will compete in the category above.
- Only racing categories qualify for Overall Distance Prizes, the FUN/OPEN category does not qualify.
- Riders will earn points from the best 3 out of the 4 races, of the same distance & must compete in the final, OR if unable to ride due to medical reason, must inform organisers (Sunshine Events) timeously, but must be present at the prize giving.
- riders will only climb the series point’s ladder by earning higher points after completing more than 3 races at events.
- Higher points after 3 races will replace lower points. I.e. Best 3 points of 4 races.
- Points are tallied per distance.
- Riders must be present at final prize giving on 18 May 2019 to accept their prize
- Should a rider not be able to attend, the rider should lodge a request and have a valid reason (with a medical certificate) with the event organisers (Sunshine Events).
- No prizes will be kept for riders after prize giving.
RULES AND SAFETY
FAIR PLAY & RIDER CONSIDERATION
- Slower participants must make way for faster racers.
- Riders must take caution when the route is not clear or coming to an intersection or roadway.
- Riders should be prepared to break during steep down hills.
- Riders must obey all traffic rules.
- Bike repairs should be done in a visible area on the edge of the trail, road or path. NOT IN THE PATH
- In the case of a sprint to the finish, you must remain in your own lane.
- No outside seconding or assistance is permitted under any circumstances.
- Outside assistance includes assisting with bike maintenance, water and nutrition support and physically assisting riders.
These rules are provide for the participants safety and if disregarded may cause disqualification from the race. SUNSHINE EVENTS has the right to disqualify any participant for the following reasons:
- Technical or equipment problem.
- Health problems of any participant.
- Disregarding any fair play rules.
- Un-sportsmanlike behaviour.
- ” Pushing” or “pulling” by the third party.
- Any disrespect to the environment or personnel.
- A rider not wearing a helmet at any stage of the race will be disqualified.
- All helmets must comply with international ‘ANSI’ standards.
- Appropriate riding attire, including a shirt, must be worn at all times.
- Smoking on route is not permitted.
- Riders must display their race numbers at all times.
- Bike numbers must be firmly fixed on the front of the bike, and may not be obscured by cables or any other item.
- Race numbers may not be modified or mutilated in any way, including cutting, adding stickers, removing existing stickers or trimming.
- Removing or obscuring any official sponsor logos or advertising may result in disqualification from the race.
- There will be no reimbursement of costs to the participant in case of disqualification.
- Riders have to report to the start line at least 20min before the start of their race.
- Riders will be briefed 15min before the start. In case of batches riders will be briefed before the start of each batch.
- The start line will remain open for 15 minutes after the start “gun”.
- Timing will start with the start “gun”.
- Riders that do not reach designated cut-off points in time will be prevented from continuing to ride and will be swept from the course and classified as DNF (did not finish).
- Cut-off points can be enforced at any time if the organisers deem the situation as unsafe.
- Riders who started in a batch, which is higher than the one they should be riding in, will be disqualified.
- Riders may start in a group lower down, the responsibility lies with the rider to report this to the timing personnel.
NUTRITION & WATER POINTS
- Riders retain the ultimate responsibility to carry enough water and nutrition with them.
- SUNSHINE EVEVNTS will provide water at official water points on the route.
- Water point locations will be made available in race documentation.
- We will enforce littering, cutting trails and environmental abuse with stiff penalties. Every participant who is caught disregarding the environment will be fined with a two (2) hundred Rand penalty for the first offence and disqualification for the second offence.
In the case of environmental concerns. SUNSHINE EVEVNTS has the right to cancel, delay or reroute the race. Participants will not be reimbursed in an environmental situation that is out of SUNSHINE EVENTS control. In the case of cancellation of a race, participants will be informed and free entry given to the next race.
The organizers, sponsors, volunteers and event personnel are not responsible for any injure or damage that may occur during the event, or cancellations, delays or re-routing due to environmental concerns. Each participant will be required to sign a waiver upon registration declaring that they take full responsibility for, risk of injury, to themselves to their equipment and any lost or stolen items.
We have a “no money refund” policy.
- Participants who decided not to continue the race must inform the organisers and or the race commissaire.
- Failure to inform the race directors may cause a search and rescue action. If during the event you need to withdraw from the race you must contact one of the following immediately:
- Inform one of paramedics’ personnel.
- Inform one of SUNSHINE EVENTS personnel at one of the checkpoints.
- Inform the “start” or “finishing” official.
- Call our emergency number & please download MYSOS app for any emergencies.
SUNSHINE EVENTS will not be responsible if you drop out and inform another participant. In the case that you drop out during the race, you will be responsible for your own transfer and bike belongings to the finish area, where possible a sweep vehicle will helps stranded riders.
BASIC MOUNTAIN BIKE RACING RULES AND ETIQUETTE
- Riders must complete the entire distance of the race, and the responsibility for following the official route lies with the rider.
- A rider is not permitted to take any shortcuts or take other advantage of a similar nature against competitors.
- Riders, who exit the route of the course for any reason, must return to the course at the exact same point from which they exited.
Any walking, running or riding by a rider, which is carried out without the intention of directly re-joining the course, or other activity in breach of the regulations, which takes place outside of the marked course area, can result in disqualification.
A rider cannot receive any technical assistance along the course from anybody.
Riders must respect the countryside and ride only on the official route.
DISCRETION OF THE CHIEF COMMISSAIRE
Where any additional rule interpretation is required, or where specific provision for any incident has not been made in these rules, the decision of the chief commissaire will be final.
CUT OFF TIMES
9am – First Water Point
10am – Second Water Point
MOUNTAIN BIKE SHOWDOWN
FOLLOW US ON
CALL US AT
© 2020 SUNSHINE EVENTS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.